8.09.2012

Day 1: Fitness Goals

For a little over a month I've been working out. I researched [on Pinterest mostly] for different exercises and such. I figured out what areas I wanted to work on and made a spreadsheet with everything organized [see below]. I did it for the first 2 weeks with no excuses and then week 3 came with a bunch of curveballs. I missed days and doubled up on others, and my eating habits went haywire. People are in the habit of instant gratification or results. When it comes to losing weight and getting fit you HAVE to get out of that mentality. If it took you months or years to look the way you do, it's not going to take days to look amazing. It takes work, determination, self control, and a whole lot of motivation.

The other day I was reading Mama Laughlin's amazing blog and it inspired me to start running for REAL. Not just doing my 200-300 calorie runs, but actually having a goal and building up to it. So I started the C25K [Couch to 5K] program yesterday. Being that I'm a little in shape, emphasis on little, the first day was way easy. Then I saw that I was barely going to hit 200 calories, after being on the treadmill for 30 minutes I knew I had to pump it up. So on the last interval I ran 5 minutes instead of 1 and finished walking on an incline. I finished that run burning 257 calories, woo hoo!

I knew that Week 1 wasn't the right place for me to start, so I read over the weeks and was going to start at Week 2, but the only difference was an additional 30 Seconds on each interval. Knowing that I can run a lap nonstop as well as 5 minutes, I decided to start at Week 3 Day 1. I just completed it today, and I think it was the right place to start. Next week will be a bit of a challenge but I am looking forward to it.

My problem areas include Arms, Abs, Back and Butt. I'm going to continue to lift weights and do exercises to tone up those areas in addition to the running. I'll probably come up with a new spreadsheet since a few of the original exercises are a bit hard for me and I end up skipping them.

My goal weight is 150 pounds. The last time I was that weight or less was right out of high school before Ladybug was born.  I have struggled with body image and weight my entire adolescent and adult life. I was always a tall girl and I have a large frame. I've never been smaller than a size 10. I don't have unrealistic expectations. I know that what I want to look like is going to take time and determination, which I sometimes lack. I'm also a sucker for baked goods. Chocolate, Brownies, Cookies and Cakes are my weakness and I am really going to try to back off from them for a bit. Calorie counting is a pain in the ass, I've done it before. BUT it works because it holds you accountable for what you are putting in to your body. Let's say you burn 300 calories, well guess what, you just did that for nothing after enjoying that nice big chocolate fudge brownie [with nuts]. It sucks, but one day I will be at a maintenance weight and I'll be able to indulge a little more.

So raise your water bottles and toast to the beginning of my weight loss journey!

Beginning Stats:
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 211
Bust: 44"
Arm: 13.5"
Waist: 36 1/4"
Hip: 44"
Thigh: 25"

Mr. Saitek can run laps around me, and I haven't told him I'm starting the program. I'm looking forward to running with him one day and being able to keep up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment